Dian Y Glas came to me in a dream-vision this morning so now I have a jumble of questions for the Feri community.
- the Pearl Pentacle makes more sense to me than the Iron Pentacle. can I skip to that or should I use my discomfort with the Iron Pentacle as a point of entry?
The iron pentacle is important, discomfort with it is a sign you need to work with it. Its foundational.
- from the description of the Star Goddess as the Void, it seems to me that she could also be (for example) Ginnungagap. Thoughts? How do you experience Her in her Void aspect? (as a polytheist, I am not going to ~stick~ to this idea, per se. I am just interested in other people’s thoughts.)
The lore of the void goddess appears in multiple traditions. It is reasonable to assume she has different names but is the same figure, since you can only really create the universe once, its not like there are 50 goddesses that each single-handedly created the universe.
- from brief descriptions I am reading of Feri (not only Wikipedia), it sounds like aspects of Feri could be culturally appropriative. do you find this to be true?
This is untrue. Victor Anderson gained the customs he included in Feri through cultural exchange. He worked directly with people of different cultures and learned from them and taught them from his own traditions.
- can you recommend me cool bloggers, tumblr users, and resources to follow or check out?
Check out http://faerietradition.tumblr.com/
- what is your experience of the Peacocok God, Dian Y Glas? how do you pronounce Dian Y Glas?
Dian Y Glas is Welsh, so I would look up pronunciation, but I think it sounds like Diana Glass
—I am not a Feri Initiate, I just have studied it a lot—read all the major books of the tradition and I have worked with the Iron Pentacle. There are lots of good books to look into to learn more about the Iron Pentacle, as well as websites. There is a post going around with more info with a ton of links, these sites are full of information.